Digital Transformation is set in motion so organizations can keep up with the changing digital landscape.
To survive, they need to innovate at scale to accelerate their ability to bring value products and services enabled by digital technology that solves the most critical customer problems.
Those problems are not only external but internal-facing crucial challenges.
Digital transformation fundamentally changes the way an organization operates. It is about more than just adopting new technologies. It is about changing mindsets and culture, the way people work, think and behave.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a powerful tool that has the potential to help leaders and teams accelerate innovation at scale. Here are a few examples of how AI can help organizations to:
- Understand their customers and problems better. AI can analyze data and insights regarding customer behavior, preferences, and needs. Leaders and Teams can use the information to determine solutions to meet customer needs.
- Reduce risk. AI can become instrumental in helping teams identify and expose critical assumptions and prompt ideas on how to test them.
- Support shorter customer feedback loops. AI can help by pulling data, insights, and learning, and as the teams iterate, document, and accumulate the data and evidence, enabling them to find the fastest path to delivering business and customer value.
- Automate tasks. AI can potentially automate repetitive tasks, freeing time so employees can focus on more strategic work.
- Make better decisions. AI can be beneficial in analyzing data and identifying patterns. Leaders and teams can use it in making data-driven, evidence-based decisions.
AI can potentially help leaders and teams improve each stage of the customer journey and lifecycle from discovery to commercialization.
In the discovery phase, we now have examples of how AI can help organizations understand customer problems and help identify potential solutions, calculate, and reduce risk.
In the commercialization phase, AI can also support in helping analyze the data around the blockers and gaps to optimize the sales and marketing processes.
Here are some possible examples of how AI fits into digital transformation:
• Marketing: Using AI to personalize marketing campaigns and target customers with relevant messages. It can help organizations increase their conversion rates and improve customer engagement.
• Sales: Using AI to qualify leads, identify opportunities, and aid the sales team so they can close deals. Improve sales efficiency for the sales team to hit desired outcomes.
• Customer Service: Using AI to automate customer service tasks, such as answering FAQs and resolving simple issues. It gives customer service representatives more time to focus on more complex issues.
The future of AI in digital transformation is bright. As AI technology evolves, it will become even more powerful and versatile. It will enable organizations to use AI to solve even more complex problems and help produce their desired outcomes.
One word of caution: don't start with AI and look for the problems to solve. Start with the customer problem, whether that's an external or internal facing problem. It's also important to understand that the success of AI is tied directly to the quality of the data that powers it. By gathering evidence and proving that AI can consistently deliver value to both customers and the business, it becomes clear that it can be a powerful part of the solution.
Stay tuned as we all learn how organizations are using AI to help them transform to innovate at scale.